Mechanical Design Engineer needed for nationally recognized company!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Adam AnaimAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 per yearA bit about us:Based in San Antonio, TX, and founded over 30 years ago, we are a nationally recognized manufacturing company that has become a leader in our space! Due to company growth, we are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for new product development and design. Come join the fun and see what we're all about!Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (MUST BE 100% COVID VACCINATED)Location: San Antonio, TX (100% onsite)Compensation: $75,000-$85,000/yearIf you are a permanent US resident with 2+ years of design engineering experience that is fully vaccinated, please read on Why join us?
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Competitive pay structure!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Great company culture!
- Design innovative new products and will be involved in various aspects of the design process including, the development of part geometry, assembly design, and drawing generation
- Work with the Engineering and broader team to drive design and development activities and ensure that projects are completed within budget and in a timely manner
- Actively support and sometimes lead team meetings on the product delivery system for each major product
- Continuously look for areas of process improvement directed at improving process productivity including quality, purchasing, and manufacturing
- Supports Lean Transformation as Kaizen team participant and/or leader and completion of post Kaizen activity
- Collaborate with machine shop and external vendors in production of prototypes and assembly of samples
- Generate and revise CAD drawings and models, component inspection, prototype build, and product testing
- Must have COVID vaccine or be willing to get it
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software (AutoCAD or SolidWorks)
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring