We have an opening for a Sr. Datadog Developer within our Buyflow Services Operations team to develop Datadog dashboards and alerts for cutting edge eCommerce environments. Teams within Buyflow Services support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, generating nearly half of all sales revenue for our fortune 100 company! As a leader and technical expert on the team responsible for instrumenting some of our most critical systems, the ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong business acumen, be proactive, possess an assertive personality, and have strong communication skills, and be driven to succeed. Responsibilities:
- Setup Datadog infrastructure components and applications, both in cloud and on premise.
- Implement metrics, monitors and dashboards in Datadog.
- Provide observability using Datadog's RUM, APM & NPM.
- Collaborate with Platform and Operations teams to set Datadog guidelines, standards, and policies.
- Provide operational readiness training for using Datadog.
- Must be able to perform adhoc Datadog analysis on the fly to pinpoint application issues.
- The ability to engage customers and stakeholders in a collaborative and consultative manner.
- 3+ years proven experience with Datadog.
- Datadog Power User Courses are a plus.
- Experience setting up Datadog Agents, Logs, Metrics, Monitors, Dashboards, Integrations and other core tools.
- Knowledge on how to instrument applications for Datadog APM, like Traces Search, Live Search, Trace View, Services List, Service Page, Resource Page, Service Map, App Analytics, and APM Monitors features.
- Ability to assess customer's situation, business needs, complex problems, and provide expert recommendations in the areas of application and infrastructure management.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gitlab etc.).
- Expertise in AWS, Java, Spring Boot, Containers like Docker and Kubernetes (PaaS / CaaS) a plus.
- Working experience in Linux/Unix Server Administration. AWS experience and certifications are a plus.
- Operating in an Agile, Scrum, or SAFe development model.
- Skilled in identifying design and implementation details within documentation / communication to understand expected behavior.
- A strong, team oriented spirit and a positive, exuberant personality focused on learning and overcoming obstacles.