US Compliance Analyst
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an US Compliance Analyst for a contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY. Excel Technical Test will be administered Responsibilities :
- Assist in the US Compliance initiative by completing assigned compliance monitoring activity inventory. Identifying required information: a) in relevant GBM&T first line of defense and Compliance procedures and other documents, and b) through discussions with monitoring activity owners from various GBM&T first line of defense and Compliance units.
- Review relevant documents, engage relevant stakeholders to acquire necessary information, familiarize and refer to GBM's and GT's global business unit structures and risk taxonomies, and timely, effectively, and accurately complete the monitoring activity inventory within project timeline. For any missing information (not in the documents but required in the template), the incumbent will need to go back to activity owners to discuss and get the necessary information.
- Provide timely and accurate guidance to stakeholders about the initiative, the inventory template, and relevant requirements and other key features in the underlying program documents. Provide effective challenge on the information received visvis what is required by the project, the inventory template, and relevant program documents.
- While the activity owners are ultimately responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the inventory template, the contractor will be assessed on how well, effective, efficient, and timely they complete the inventory template and other project tasks assigned, and how they interact with the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from various levels of seniority, function, and location (global) to ask the right questions to get the necessary information. The ability to summarize and articulate feedback from stakeholders in a succinct manner is required in this role.
- Ensure execution of monitoring activities related to 1st and 2nd line controls.
- Conduct quality assurance of data processes associated with Bank's applicable laws, rules, and regulation.
- Bachelor's degree in business, legal, or a related field.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in Compliance Monitoring program set up, implementation or ongoing program management (can be in either first line of defense or compliance functions), and/or senior Testing roles, with a large Bank(s) with prominent, multinational Wholesale Banking and Capital Markets businesses.
- Must have basic understanding of FINRA, FRB, and SEC rules.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of:
- Compliance Monitoring and/or Testing program set up, implementation or management.
- Wholesale Banking and Capital Markets businesses, and the relevant Compliance Monitoring requirements and procedures for both Compliance and first line of defense (domestically and globally, and from both regulatory and industry perspectives).
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Excel and Sharepoint (reporting, etc.) skills, and the ability to manage a large amount of data effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to manipulate data and understand data is critical.
- Use of Excel datasets on a daily basis in recent projects.
- Familiarity with Federal and State laws applicable to non-US banks operating in the U.S., SEC registered broker-dealers, futures commission merchants, swap dealers and registered investment advisors.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend a large number of policies and procedural documents and identify requested information quickly and precisely.
- Experience in Compliance Advisory supporting Wholesale Banking and Capital Markets businesses in a large international Bank(s).
- Prior experience with the company in GBM&T first line of defense or Compliance related projects.
- Experience / background in Project Management.
- Power BI experience is an asset (or similar reporting tools).
- VBA or Power Query experience is an asset.
Botsford Associates LLC - Compliance Analyst - Major Investment Bank - $50PLUS