Business Analyst III
job summary:Under the supervision of the Manager of Business Analysis, theBusiness Analyst III discovers, synthesizes, and analyzes information to elicit business needs, document requirements, devise strategies and solutions, and implement changes with the goal of improving business outcomes for enterprise- level projects. location: NEW YORK CITY, New Yorkjob type: Permanentsalary: $110,000 - 135,000 per yearwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with enterprise stakeholders and end users to identify, understand and document business and technical processes and requirements;
- Analyze and prioritize current processes;
- Conduct gap analyses;
- Create project plans, manage scope, schedule and costs for the projects;
- Develop business cases, business, functional and non-functional requirements, feasibility studies and scope solutions for new business processes and technical applications;
- Assess proposed solutions to determine which fit the business need, identify gaps and shortcomings in solutions and determine necessary workarounds and/or changes to the solutions proposed;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to create Cost Benefit Analyses for various initiatives;
- Coordinate with the vendors and other partners to successfully deliver projects;
- Create test plans, develop test cases, conduct and coordinate business acceptance and regression testing;
- Perform tasks after hours, on weekends, and as required by management/supervisory staff.
- At least four years of solid and diverse work experience as a Business Analyst in IT, Healthcare, Accounting, Financial Services and/or Pension;
- At least 4 years of experience leveraging knowledge areas, competencies, and techniques described in the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge, BABOK.
- Experience with Business Acceptance test planning, test case development and test execution;
- Experience working within project management practices described in the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK.
- Experience with data analysis
- Excellent MS office skills including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Project;
- Detail oriented with excellent organization, analytical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and take initiatives to accomplish objectives in timely fashion;
- Understands the Funds' business environment;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team members, supervisors, and employees from other departments.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
GTechNY - A Senior Business Analyst with 3-5 years of experience for a hedge fund
Primesoft Consulting Services Inc - Business Analyst - Investment Banking
Lorven Technologies, Inc. - Celonis Business Process Analyst - New York City / Jersey City, NJ - Contract
SitusAMC - Sr Business Analyst - System Owner - NY Hybrid