Red Hat Server Administrator
- Category: Et cetera
- Deadline: 02nd May 20232023-05-02T01:00:00-0700
- New Jersey
job summary:Our client has a temp to perm opportunity for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administrator.Responsible for the operating system installation, configuration, and support of new internal virtual Red Hat deploymentsResponsibilities will include OS system builds, software installation, system tuning, resource adjustments, compliance remediation, monthly patch cycles Red Hat Satellite, and documentation. Responsible for Windows server support and administration. location: West Trenton, New Jerseyjob type: Contractsalary: $52 - 68 per hourwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Associates responsibilities:Required Skills
- In depth knowledge on configuring and tuning of Red Hat OS
- RH Satellite experience
- Hands on experience in VMware vSphere or AWS cloud
- Windows Server management skills and server support for Windows as well as Linux
- System troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to plan, coordinate, and implement monitoring/software updates, and maintain technical documentation.
- Knowledge in systems design and configuration.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Monitoring Tools experience
- 3+ years of experience maintaining current Linux-based (RHEL 6,7,8) infrastructures in a high-performance, enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization platforms (VMware & Cloud)
- 3+ years of experience in the use of diagnostic tools in the troubleshooting of issues (processes, disk space management, application/system logs, system resources) in complex, multi-tier architectures
- Ability to read and interpret system logs related to errors and events
- Good understanding of Linux-based services and concepts
- Technical understanding of networking (OSI model, gateways, firewalls)
- Technical understanding of MS Active Directory notions as they pertain to Linux networks.
- Desirable: scripting and automation skills in various tools (Powershell, Bash, Python)
- Desirable: understanding of storage (SAN, NAS, NFS) and backup as it pertains to Linux
- Advantageous: experience with automation solutions such as Terraform
- Advantageous: abilities as listed above for other environments (Windows Server, AWS)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Fourans - Database Manager/Administrator 4 - In person interview is required
DATASYS CONSULTING & SOFTWARE INC - Database Manager / Administrator