OSP Engineer - II
- Category: Et cetera
- Deadline: 01st March 20232023-03-01T00:00:00-0800
- New Jersey
job summary:Job Description:OSP ENGINEER/HiCAP ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders for HiCAP services. Candidate must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. This candidate must be able to manage high pressure and visibility work assignments independently. May be in a 'lead position' that oversees and assists other team members.The Outside Plant Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and optimizing Client's network infrastructure in specific geographic locations in the Northern NJ District of New Jersey. This work will include designing upgrades, repairs, and enhancements to the Outside Plant telephony network which includes all structures (such as poles and conduit systems), cable (copper & fiber) and associated equipment for aerial, underground, buried, and customer premise equipment for multi-tenant buildings. The engineer will monitor and analyze HiCAP service order requirements within a geographical turf and design solutions to extend fiber or copper service solutions to customer locations. He/she will coordinate with a variety of Client departments and also have direct customer contact. The engineer needs the ability to work in a diverse environment, handling business and residential customers, and must be able to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. The engineer must be able to price out solutions and select the most effective design. The engineer has the authority, up to a set dollar limit, to choose and implement solutions independently. Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields or prior work experience in the telecommunications field.
- Proficient computer skills (windows-based programs and corporate db systems).
- Superior analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Customer contact skills and good written and oral communications skills are necessary.
- Prior working experience and basic knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering Practices & knowledge of TIRKS, UUI/COFEE, Requestnet, LFACS, LEAD, and ICGS
- Experience with the CAD program as well as high proficiency with MS Excel and/or MS Access would be particularly useful.
- Respond to service requests for Hi-Cap circuits by reaching out to customers both over the phone and by conducting site visits.
- Responsible for engineering the placement of OSP structure, facilities and electronics to meet service demand.
- During physical field visits, individual must be able to identify/recognize incorrect or unsafe conditions (e.g. missing anchor/guy) and design proper corrective plant configurations.
- Design Engineering Work Orders in ICGS/IDDS and other CAD programs
- Tracking and monitoring construction and other departments, which may include contractors, to assure timely completion of the engineering work orders and plans issued.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors