Network Technician (IT Analyst)This Jobot Job is hosted by: Christopher SingletonAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per yearA bit about us:With the world's largest selection of checkout lanes we have a lane to fit any budget. With the addition of our Charles A. Price Grocery Checkout line we now have a low, low price option along with our best value Reddy lanes and our Vantage lanes which offer you more options to chose from. We also have a very long history of providing our clients with made-to-order solutions throughout their stores.Why join us?Competitive PayGreat BenefitsFlexible PTOTeam EnvironmentAdditional CompensationJob DetailsESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONApply This Job
- Ensures that all computers and associated equipment are operational at all times
- Monitors hardware systems using operating systems and executes daily backups
- Performance duties associated with batch processing of jobs and distributes appropriate reports
- Solves commonly occurring operations problems and refers more complex problems to higher-level staff
- Monitors status of the network to ensure that all devices are working properly
- Administers e-mail system.
- Evaluates network performance to maintain standards and corrects as necessary.
- Installs upgrades, receives calls pertaining to network problems and either correct as the problem or directs user to the appropriate area for resolution.
- Provides tape backup.
- Performs work on network security, including registering users and installing firewalls.
- Performs installations, updates, and maintenance of new and existing telecommunication systems and networks.
- Completes preventative maintenance on network communication equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related area
- 1-2 years of Network/System Administration, Computer Operations, Data Processing Product Control Experience or related area
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with SQL Server, Exchange Server and MS Outlook, Linux OS, VMWare and server virtualization, MySQL, Network Security, Active Directory, Network Monitor Tools, Desktop PC Support