Senior Software Engineer - Workday6 months Contract to Hire. Must be able to convert with no sponsorshipPreference of location is Phoenix, AZ or Oakland, CA. Remote is an option for the right candidate.Role SummaryThis position is responsible for design, build, and support of Workday Extend applications. The individual should have deep understanding of Workday Extend and Studio Tools with ability to develop complex solution for Workday Financials. This position participates in all phases of Workday enhancements and ongoing supports processes, including requirements gathering and analysis, functional and technical design, report writing, testing, deployment, and support. Must work well in a team environment and with multiple departmentsPrimary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for systems analysis, integration design and development, testing, implementation and maintaining applications in Workday Extend and other data integration applications and platforms.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to define requirements and ensure the seamless transfer of data within our systems.
- Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems for integrating the Workday cloud application with external applications across a wide array of Financial Management functional areas, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Developing and testing new inbound and outbound integrations in Workday Studio, core connector and EIBs.
- Supporting and improving Workday integrations to ensure there built for scale.
- Leverages integration error logs to ensure that things are working properly. Gathering and analyzing integration issues to outline trends and creating action plans to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Creating reports in Workday including creating complex calculated fields.
- Testing of New system features and releases and evaluating the impact on integrations.
- Provides technical consultation in development, vendor package system evaluations, and enhancement of new/existing systems.
- Independently analyze and solve complex problems.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the product application lifecycle including code, infrastructure, data, and security.
- Suggest improvements and proactively addresses issues.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to existing business practices, processes, workflows, and tools.
- Workday Extend Certification or Experience.
- Experience with Workday Studio, CCBs, Web Services & REST APIs.
- Experience with software tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, Notepad, UltraEdit, Oxygen, Beyond Compare, etc.
- Excellent Workday report writing skills with a deep-rooted understanding of how to build calculated fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.