Position: Diesel Mechanic/ Service Technician
Want to work for an organization where you are not just another number? What about an organization that provides company-wide bonuses when successful? Here at Peterbilt of Alaska, we believe when the company wins, our team members win!
Here is what you should know about the company:
We are a locally owned and operated organization that is deeply rooted in Alaskan values and traditions. Interested in finding out more about Peterbilt of Alaska and what we stand for? Check out our website at https://peterbiltofalaska.com/about
Be the best and most desired place to work!
Create opportunities for growth, achievement and success (both for employment and customers).
Be the most trusted and reliable source for building Alaska’s future. Best products, best experience, best value, and best results!
Want to hear what our team members think about working with Peterbilt of Alaska? Check out our website at: https://peterbiltofalaska.com/careers
A little about the position:
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, our full-time Service Technician position supports the service team. This position will be responsible for large trucks maintenance and repairs.
Information about the location you’ll be working at:
Here in Anchorage, our shop has spacious bays, great lighting, and you will be able to have all you need in your workspace.
What to know about leadership:
Here at Peterbilt of Alaska, we strive to have great leadership! Our professional group of leaders truly cares about our team members, safety, our vision, and our values. We believe in being down to earth and having an open-door policy. Want to work with awesome leadership? Look no further, we’ve got the best!
Some of the duties of this position:
· Inspect and pre-deliver new equipment.
· Inspect, troubleshoot and estimate repair of used equipment.
· Maintain rental fleet for repair and cleanliness.
· Occasionally travel to customer’s location to repair equipment.
· Use computers to look up parts, research service practices, prepare estimates and generate service reports.
· Transmission and Differential, U-joint/drivetrain.
· Brakes and Axles Basic understanding of air systems.
· Electrical, system and troubleshooting.
· Chassis and Suspension Maintenance.
· Typing detailed stories on repairs performed.
· Perform DOT inspections.
· Other duties as assigned.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Skills for success:
· High school diploma or GED (preferred).
· 1-3 years experience working with large trucks and/or heavy equipment or formal mechanical training.
· Have troubleshooting skills in engine and vehicle systems.
· Have mechanical aptitude.
· Have great communication and time management skills.
Our job requirements:
· Able to work 40+ hrs per week.
· Able to operate tools associated with equipment repair.
· Have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
A little about the physical requirements:
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Team members must be able to lift at least 30 pounds on a regular basis and be able to stand for long periods of time. Bending, lifting, and pushing will also be required.
Safety is key:
Here at Peterbilt of Alaska, we truly care about the safety of our team members and customers. We believe that it is every team member's responsibility to provide a safe work environment by following all safety policies and standards, completing our onboarding safety requirements, and monthly safety training.
Here at Peterbilt of Alaska, we are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment based of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the team member can perform the essential function of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.
The great benefits we provide:
· $15,000 life insurance policy fully paid for by employer after 1st of the month following 60 days of full-time employment.
· PPO and HSA medical plans available after 1st of the month following 60 days of full-time employment. HSA contribution by employer for those who participate in our HSA-eligible plans!
· Already covered for insurance? We provide a $40 dollar bi-weekly stipend for team members who choose not to participate in our medical plans.
· Supplemental benefits available after 1st of the month following 60 days of full-time employment.
· 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) a year with an accrual starting after 90 days of full-time employment.
· Annual $100 Safety Shoe reimbursement after 90 days of full-time employment.
· Participation in GGOB (Great Game of Business), when the company wins, you win!
· Ability to participate in monthly financial wellness webinars with our financial consulting firm.
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
· 6-7 paid holidays.
· Ability to rent equipment for personal use at no cost.
· Discount on purchasing equipment.
· Continuing education training and annual training.
· Growth opportunities!