Controls Engineering Manager
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brandon FobertAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 per yearA bit about us:A fast growing manufacturing organization, and we are rapidly growing our Engineering and Technical teams!Why join us?Full Benefits consist of Medical, vision, dental, PTO and Holidays.Job DetailsThe Controls Engineer Manager, under minimal supervision, designs electrical control systems for all equipment meeting safety standards, project deadlines and project cost constraints to meet or exceed our customer's needs. Responsible for directing and coordinating all engineering activities to meet project specifications and deadlines while managing assigned engineering teamUnder the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Controls Engineer 5-Manager under minimal supervision, designs electrical control systems for all thermal systems and process equipment meeting safety standards, project deadlines and project cost constraints to meet or exceed our customer's needs. Responsible for directing and coordinating all engineering activities to meet project specifications and deadlines while managing assigned engineering team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor, coach, manage and provide continuous training to aid in the development and success of department employees.
- Lead, prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments as necessary to ensure performance expectations are being met and the team is working within project budgetary constraints.
- and/or areas of concern. Generate list of questions and/or missing information required to complete the design and manufacturing of the equipment.
- Responsible for information flow on projects, not necessarily performing all related tasks but delegating those tasks and ensuring completion of tasks. Promptly respond to inquiries to support individual, team and company success.
- Manage the gathering of missing information from customer, vendors, etc., and document responses.
- Provide all aspects of the equipment electrical design including necessary calculations, advance orders of long lead components, ladder logic electrical schematics, control panel layouts with complete bills of material, software design for PLC's, software design for
- HMI's using sound practical engineering principles and safety standard, while meeting project deadlines, estimated engineering
- hours and estimated equipment cost constraints.
- Support Quality Assurance personnel and assist in the testing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 5-7 years of related experience or 7-10 years of progressively responsible related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience