We are hiring for a long term contractual job opening for an NOC technician. Below are the details. Please apply here with your most recent resume.Role: NOC Tier IILocation: Martinsburg, WV (50% Remote)Duration: 12 months contract ( high chances of extension) Job Summary:Senior NOC Technician, Tier II shift lead-position is responsible for the troubleshooting and restoration of Wide Area Network (WAN) Services for our dedicated federal customer. This position is located at a customer premise Network Operations Center. You will perform troubleshooting and isolation of a Nationwide MPLS WAN to include circuits/connectivity and supporting PE and CE routers and switches In addition, share technical guidance and direction to fellow Jr. Tier II technicians on shift. Perform hourly escalations as needed and provide oversight for resolution of issues as needed. Must be able to work closely with government personnel and other vendors on staff in an Operations Center environment.Requirements: • Solid customer-facing and communications skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in troubleshooting complex network issues both circuit and routing
- Working knowledge of Physical Layer and supporting transmission systems TCP/IP Routing and Networking
- Knowledge of IP routing, Multi-Protocol Layer Switching networks
- Experience using a trouble ticket tracking system, e.g ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience using Network Monitoring tools, e.g., RiteITnow, SolarWinds, Netscout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or current Cisco certification preferred.