Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) is seeking a customer focused Virtualization Administrator to join our team in Radford, VA, to provide support to the Army and to begin an exciting career within DSA. The Virtualization Administrator will support a mixed and growing environment of multiple virtualization installations for the Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Enterprise Systems and Services (ALTESS). The ALTESS mission is to provide full life-cycle information technology solutions, support, and services to our customers in secure environments. The Virtualization Administrator will work with the existing Virtualization team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support the physical and virtual servers for numerous customer environments. The Virtualization Administrator will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the environment and reacting to time critical situations. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- A total of 5 to 7 years of hands-on experience as a Senior VMWare Administrator.
- 5 to 7 years hands-on experience supporting various vSphere components (vCenter, ESXi, VUM, VUMDS, etc), and networking concepts (VLANs, routing, etc).
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies and SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs, logical volumes, NFS, iSCSI, etc.))
- In depth experience with server chassis technologies (Client c7000, Cisco UCS)
- Security hardening experience
- Working knowledge of OS security best practices and configuring/managing/updating large groups of servers.
- Desired skills include Scripting, Clustering Concepts, creating/maintaining documentation, and training junior team members.
- Creating/maintaining documentation
- Training junior team members.
Senior: Masters 10+ years IT experience, or Bachelors 12+ years experience Intermediate: Bachelors 5+ years experience or Associates 7+ years experience Certifications
CompTIA Security+ VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) 5/6/7 Preferred
- Scripting Powershell, BASH, python, Ansible, etc
- Clustering Concepts WFC, Oracle RAC
- Experience with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- In depth OS knowledge - Windows X, Windows Server 20XX, RHEL/OEL X
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET Clearance; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, s can be considered for this position.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority DSA is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. DSA, will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date and show proof of vaccination on the first day of employment along with all I9 required forms. These forms are only to be provided via instruction from HR and with approval from DSA management for any access to customer facility. Salary and Benefits include but not limited to:
- The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular - Start and End times are dependent on customer requirements
- Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation, Sick and Bereavement
- Retirement benefits include 401K with 20% match to employee contribution, and Employee Stock Ownership Shares provided by DSA.
- Insurance benefits include customizable Medical, Dental, Health, Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance, Health savings, Vision and Domestic Partner Coverage
- Miscellaneous benefits include Tuition assistance and Technical 100% Paid Training and Family Tuition Assistance.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone. DSA's leadership and training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers and reinforce DSA's guiding principles since 1963. We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSAemployees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K.DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status. DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com or call 1-. DSA recognizes that the global spread of COVID-19 is a challenging time for everyone. Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our workforce, guests and candidates, and we provide the necessary supplies to maintain safety in the work place. Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, our response time and scheduling of interviews may increase. DSA is looking to fill various positions despite the COVID-19 and are managing our workforce within the compliance of all state requirements.