.NET Engineer II (Remote)
Your OpportunityWe believe that , when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed. As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. We are looking for an Application Engineer to join the Trading team in the delivery of high throughput, low latency solutions. The role will be part of one of our Sprint based Agile teams that is currently playing a dual role of supporting the existing Trading platform while building out our to-be architecture. We will be building Schwab's future trading platform and you will design, build, and deploy software to support all of Schwab's trading. We work hard and have fun doing it! What you are good at
- As a developer you will be a self-driven individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and designed logic; be highly motivated and well versed in developing robust easily maintainable applications.
- You can quickly understand complex problems and come up with simple solutions.
- Ability to communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization; have good listening skills and ask great questions
- This position requires good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong technology affinity as well as attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to learn and grow is a must. Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- 2+ years of enterprise technology related experience in application development using c# .NET / .NET core
- Strong knowledge and working experience with web services (REST).
- Experience in messaging and services-based software, preferably in a cloud platform using RabbitMQ, Kafka or equivalent technologies
- Experience working in any cloud-based technologies like Google Cloud Platform, PCF or AWS etc.,
- Experience/knowledge with SCM (Atlassian tools Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.) and DevOps tool suite is preferred
- Experience with test driven development preferred (Junit, EasyMock etc.,)
- Experience and strong fundamental knowledge in one or more types of database management systems like SQL Server, MongoDB and Redis etc.,
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Experience adopting or managing continuous Integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
- Schwab systems experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
APN Software Services, Inc - Quality Engineer 3 - Medical Devices II & III
Lorven Technologies, Inc. - Devops Engineer 1 Year Contract Austin, TX (Remote)