Do you have the career opportunities as an Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Grand Strand Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare servicesHCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Grand Strand Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated OR RN likeyou to be a part of our team.
TheOperating Room Registered Nursewill provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care.The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You willwork alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient’s genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Grand StrandMedical Center, located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, is a 360 plus bed acutecare hospital serving residents of Horry and the surrounding counties. Each daywe are committed to building a healthy community across the greater GrandStrand. To accomplish this, we aim to identify top talent aligned with ourvalues and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn moreabout this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamicteam.
Our hospital offers theonly cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive careunit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties. Additionally, Grand StrandMedical Center is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level IIPediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the onlyComprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
Grand Strand MedicalCenter is recognized by the Join Commission for the following programs:
- Chest pain
- Knee and hip replacement
In addition, we havereceived awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heartattacks and strokes.
HCA Healthcare, theparent company of Grand Strand Medical Center, has been continually named aWorld's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcarespent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking foran opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage youto apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified youwill hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and applytoday!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Grand
IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Grand Dunes Surgery Center our nurses set us apart from any