Feeling stuck? Enjoy using power tools? Want to make a difference?
Lifeway Mobility is the place for you!
If you have some experience with residential construction or installation of telecom equipment, alarm systems, garage doors, HVAC, plumbingyou name itwe'll train you to install wheelchair ramps, stair lifts, elevators, and other accessibility products so seniors with impaired mobility and individuals with disabilities can stay in their homes and remain independent.
We're growing fast, and we want you to grow with us!
Here’s what the job looks like:
· Install and repair accessibility products including wheelchair ramps, stair lifts, ceiling lifts and more
· Demo and re-construction of existing residential products for new accessible layouts and bathing safety
· Explain the project to the customer and answer questions
· Enter work order and inventory data in the Lifeway computer system
· Receive manufacturer training and on-the-job training (paid time)
· Pick up and load company vehicle at the warehouse location each morning
· Work on jobs throughout the area
· Jobs may take several hours to several days (no overnight travel, occasional Saturday overtime)
· Work independently or as part of a two-person team
Here’s what we offer:
Competitive pay rates, benefits, paid time off, cell phone allowance
Company vehicle for use each workday, company shirts, tools, fuel card
About Lifeway Mobility:
Lifeway Mobility is an accessibility solutions company that provides a wide variety of products and services to individuals and businesses in Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Southern New Hampshire and Wisconsin. Our mission is to understand the accessibility needs of our customers and their caregivers, then to identify the appropriate products and services that will meet those needs. We do not approach our business with the aim to sell products, but rather to understand the holistic needs of the customer and provide recommendations to improve safety, accessibility, mobility, comfort, independence, and quality of life.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· At least two years’ experience in residential or commercial installation of mechanical/electrical equipment, residential remodeling, or construction
· Experience using hand and power tools
· Basic computer skills
· Strong customer focus and communication skills
· High school diploma or GED
· Ability to pass drug test, motor vehicle record check, and background screen
· Ability to drive company vehicle to various client sites and work flexible hours as needed to complete jobs
Physical requirements include the following:
· Ability to lift 75+ lbs.
· Ability to lift above head and maintain position for short periods (frequent overhead work)
· Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments year-round
· Ability to climb ladders, crouch, and occasionally work in confined spaces and at heights
Lifeway Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer.