Hybrid Opportunity in NYCThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Mary LeeAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $130,000 - $170,000 per yearA bit about us:We improve the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing user privacy. We are the largest people-led, privacy-safe consumer search marketplace looking to bring on a Systems Engineer. If you have experience working with CentOS, Cloud, Virtualization, and Containerization technologies then apply today! You will partake in the build out of new products, and up-leveling existing systems.Why join us?Apply This Job
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 401K Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Strong Work/Life Balance
- Wellness Programs
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan
- Provision cloud resources in AWS with IaC.
- Provision and maintain physical and virtual servers, managed by Puppet.
- Full lifecycle support (provision, maintain, update, decommission) for systems and applications.
- Plan, execute, and validate migrations for legacy applications to containers or newer OS versions.
- Assist in optimizing AWS storage and instance sizing, and report on AWS costs.
- Implement and test backup and recovery procedures for various systems to meet target MTTR goals.
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot issues related to systems, storage, performance, and network.
- Maintain servers including patching, and hardware replacement or upgrades.
- Participate in Infrastructure project initiatives such as capacity planning, security and compliance audit and remediation, and R&D.
- Create and improve system documentation
- 4+ years of hands-on-experience in System Engineering using CentOS or other RHEL based distribution.
- 2+ years of experience with Virtualization Technologies such as KVM, Xen, or VMWare.
- Must have a strong understanding of permissions including user and group ownership, permissions and masks, and limits. Understanding of SELinux ACLs is nice to have but not required.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to trace the impact of change.
- Strong understanding of system performance tuning including disk, and kernel optimizations.
- Strong understanding of HTTP, DNS, and TCP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Low Latency Systems Engineer Top Tier Hedge fund open compensation $375-750K and up! Work with the industries best
Tayback Staffing - Low Latency Systems Engineer Top Tier Hedge fund open compensation $375-750K and up! Work with the industries best
The Astor Group - Cloud/data and Linux Systems engineer for think tank for full time in NY or CT