The primary responsibility of the Lumber Yardman is to maintain customer service per company standards, the accurate and efficient loading and unloading of all lumberyard related transactions. Additionally, the Lumber Yardman is responsible for maintaining the appearance of the yard and racks in an orderly and clean manner and providing a weekly materials order to the General Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Acknowledge ALL customers in the yard promptly.
2. Acknowledge and confirmation of proper size and dimension of materials/lumber off all customer itemized receipts.
3. Assist customers with loading of lumber and other various building materials.
4. Confirm acceptance of materials by customers with check out.
5. Demonstrate friendliness and ethical conduct when dealing with customers.
6. Restock lumber, building materials, feed shed, store front shelves, etc as needed.
7. Communication of restock needs to the General Manager at least once per week.
8. Assist with the unloading of incoming freight.
9. Maintain an orderly lumber yard providing a safe and accessible environment for customers, staff and vendors that is organized and free of unsightly trash.
10. Occasionally duties will involve the workshop in the store (ex. screen/glass replacement).
11. Maintaining physical counts of inventory outside of building and in lumber yard.
12. Be aware of and prepared to correct any maintenance issues anywhere on the perimeter of property (ex. Advertising, signage, fencing, locks, gates, grounds maintenance, snow removal, falling snow, etc)
13. Prioritize customer safety at entrances by maintaining a clear unobstructed element free access at all entrances.
14. Be aware of customers attempting to serve themselves, it is a huge liability to our store and unnecessary risk. Always perform your duties and serve our customers safely.
A. Ability to walk and stand for extended period of time and bend repeatedly.
B. Ability to lift 90lbs required.
C. Must have Valid Driver’s License and Medical Heath Card.
D. Trucks, Equipment and Forklift operations are necessary, must be knowledgeable in use.
E. Move and handle various building materials throughout the yard.
F. Positive attitude and ability to work as a team.