Direct Hire Position Location - Chicago, IL Our client is looking to add a IT Support Engineer that will primarily provide on-site support for our end users. The successful applicant will also provide a remote support function for our users in other global locations. The person will be responsible for resolving incidents and fulfilling service requests, proactively looking how to improve process and tools. Monitoring alerts and work within global support team to restore the service as quickly as possible. The position requires wide spectrum of skills across almost all IT areas. The engineer will be maintaining relationships with vendors and assist with local procurement and inventory management. Core functions include:
- Triage incidents and service requests via phone, e-mail, communicator, ServiceNow or monitoring system.
- Troubleshoot end user incidents and where possible resolve upon first contact.
- This role encompasses all areas of technology used within the desktop environment including Microsoft, Apple, and a range of bespoke applications supporting both the trading desk and general IT infrastructure.
- Day to day tasks will involve various aspects of local support including AD management, workstation application testing, deployment and maintenance via SCCM and Jamf remote tools, rollouts, video conferencing, as well as servers and software that support these functions where required
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a technical proficiency and depth of experience across desktop related technology such as: Active Directory, TCP/IP, Microsoft Defender ATP, Microsoft SCCM, Jamf remote tool, Office 365 and Azure AD
- Build relationships with the escalation teams to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and met or exceeded.
- Maintaining relationship with vendors, ordering and keeping equipment levels, coordinate payments and customs communication
- Be an advocate for the end user to ensure they receive high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization.
- Will be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Initiate ideas to drive service improvements and efficiencies within the team
- Attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Windows 10/Windows Server infrastructure within a large financial (or similar) organization.
- Active Directory administrative experience within a medium / large organization.
- Audio/Visual technology and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Expertise in computer hardware and software.
- Experience working with Call logging systems e.g. ServiceNow.
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), Jamf and MDM services
- Microsoft Office 365 support and Azure AD
- Supporting a mobile workforce within a secure enterprise environment
- Experience of supporting directors and senior management
- Familiar with market data platforms like Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Endpoint protection products e.g. Lumension, Endpoint protector
- Experience with Video Conference solutions e.g. Microsoft Teams
- Cloud VPN support, e.g. Zscaler
- A strong interest in computers and technology outside of work.
- MCP or Network Plus
- Interest in data-center operations and infrastructure
Instant Technology - Enterprise Security Operations Support Engineer