Requisition ID: 52788 Title: Software QA Engineer I (Onsite) Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA Our Santa Barbara, CA location is seeking a Software QAEngineer I with good critical thinking skills who is eager to learn new technologies. This role will support our Virtual Implant Positioning (VIP) System that provides three-dimensional images for orthopedic surgeons around the world. Ideal candidate understands programming languages, technologies, and relational databases. Individual must have good communication and interpersonal skills. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Completes comprehensive testing to ensure the quality of an applications usability, functionality, security, and performance.
- Executes planned and exploratory testing, utilizing manual test cases, to assure the quality of an applications usability, functionality, security, and performance.
- Documents test results and defects in designated test management tool.
- Works with infrastructure and application development teams to establish and maintain test environments.
- Communicates issues identified during testing activities to application development team. Assists in the triage and resolution.
- Provides feedback on design/architectural solutions and recommends process/application improvements.
- Contributes to department metrics such as requirements coverage, test case readiness, test execution progress, and defect counts and statistics in designated test management tool.
- Participate in application/project team meetings.
- Follows Arthrex quality standards and processes.
- Work is closely supervised.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Experience performing software quality assurance tasks preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and software quality assurances role in it through proven explanation of the process required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions required.
PC servers, workstations, and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. About Arthrex
Arthrex Inc., a privately held company headquartered in Naples, Florida, is a global leader in orthopedic surgical device design, research, manufacturing and medical education committed to one mission: Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better. Arthrex has pioneered the field of arthroscopy and sports medicine and innovates more than 1,000 new products and procedures every year to advance minimally invasive orthopedics worldwide. Our core value is Making People Better. As a leading health care technology innovator, we are committed to making peoples lives better. The contributions we make to science and medicine have the potential to get a star athlete back in the game or improve the quality of someones life. Its truly meaningful work. Making People Better also signifies our corporate social responsibility and commitment to employees and communities. We make employees lives better through job security, educational and professional growth opportunities, unique benefits and amenities, and modern facilities that promote a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere of collaboration, mutual respect and camaraderie. We also make important economic and philanthropic contributions to the communities we serve. As a certified Great Place to Work and one of the countrys Best Workplaces for Manufacturing and Production, Arthrex is proud of its award-winning, family business culture. With more than 6,000 employees around the world, we are growing and looking for candidates who champion our Arthrex Proud values of Innovation, Integrity, Dedication, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. We invite you to explore our numerous exceptional benefits at careers.arthrex.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.